Expanded Sound Healing Production Class
with a New Array of Great Instructors
(Class re-scheduled — call for details 510–604-8037)
Sonic Alchemy Spring 2012
Schedule of Classes
Starting Saturday May 5th 9am-5pm
Then 6 Weeks of Tuesday and Thursday evenings 6pm-9pm
Ending Saturday June 16th 9am-5pm
Sonic Temple Yurt
- Sat. 5/5 Two 3 hour class sessions 9am-12pm & 2pm-5pm with a 12pm-2pm break:
(Morning) Meet ‘n greet/ Sound Healing Overview, and Intro to Physics of Sound
(Afternoon) Numbers, Associations, Frequency Identification and Binaurals
- Tue. 5/8 Ajeet Campell & Michael Logue — Modes/Intervals & Tonal Gravitation, Alternate Tuning Systems, Qualities of Tempo, Meter & Beat
- Thur. 5/10 Ajeet Campell & Michael Logue - Sound Table Attunements & Sacred Geometry Activation
- Tue. 5/15 Simrit Kaur — Vocal Technique
- Thur. 5/17 Jeffrey Williams — Applied Sound Healing
- Tue. 5/22 Simrit Kaur — The Mystical Sound Force
- Thur. 5/24 Jeffrey Williams — Applied Sound Healing
- Tue. 5/29 Richard Feather Anderson — Sacred Geometry: Harmonics of Space & Sound
- Thur. 5/31 Richard Feather Anderson — Sacred Geometry: Harmonics of Space & Sound
- Tue. 6/5 Michael Logue & Ajeet Campell — DAW Navigation & Sample Rate / Bit Depth
- Thur. 6/7 Michael Logue & Ajeet Campell — Harmonic Series & frequency relationships & EQ/ Filters
- Tue. 6/12 Michael Logue & Ajeet Campell — Sound Envelopes & Compression
- Thur. 6/14 Michael Logue & Ajeet Campell — Sound Staging — Panning, Reverb, Delay EFX
Sonic Temple Yurt
Sat. 6/16 — 2 lessons: possibilities for last class;
~Energy movement/ meditations
~Activation, integration, ceremony, sweat
- Sat May 5th — Sound Healing Overview and Intro to Physics of Sound: Ajeet and Michael will discuss a wide variety of applications, tunings, frequencies, and techniques, giving the student an understanding of the wide range of topics that will be discussed in greater detail later on. Physics of Sound will be presented so as to understand the nature of sound, and how it literally shapes the world we live in. This fundamental topic sets the stage for a further understanding of how sound travels through space, and how it affects the mind, body, spirit (psychoacoustics).
- Sat May 5th — Numbers, Binaurals, and Frequency Identification: Ajeet and Michael will go to the core of it all relating not only the quantity, but also the quality of the numbers. We will also explore the audible range of frequency, and get aquainted with what 100 Hz sounds and 1000Hz, and 10,000 Hz, and contemplate how each resonates/feels. Also during this session we will discuss in depth Binaural beats and brainwave entrainment, how to produce Binaurals, what they do for us, and how to weave them into recording projects.
- Tuesday May 8th — Modes/Intervals & Tonal Gravitation, Qualities of Time, Meter & Beat - We will listen to, reflect upon and discuss the qualities of Alternate Tuning Systems and the diatonic modes, chord scales and interval functions and their associations. We will also listen to and discuss the qualities and affects of various tempos, time signature (how many beats are in each measure and which note value constitutes one beat.) and Beats Per Minute (BPM) values and style associations.
- Thur May 10th — Sound Table Attunements & Sacred Geometry Activation: Ajeet will lead us through a process of fully embodying archetypal shapes which make up this 3d reality. A hands on approach through drawing with compass and straight edge, contemplative drawing with our minds, and bringing into movement. We will experience the connection between sound and form to bring about a shift in consciousness refining the etheric fields of our bodies.
- Tue May 15th — Vocal Technique: Simrit Kaur - Vocal technique is the foundation for ease and flexibility in expressing sound. In this module, we will learn simple and highly effective techniques that we can use with our voices so that our vocal chords are more relaxed and free and we have the ability to translate the creativity in our selves into tangible sound that re-arranges our energy field to a more positive and useful direction in life.
- Thur May 17th – Applied Sound Healing: Jeffrey Williams — Jeffrey will teach several techniques to use during a healing session. Experience will include techniques to expand the range and use of the voice along with other practical applications.
- Tue. May 22nd — The Mystical Sound Force: Simrit Kaur The Sound Force/Current is the basis of all life. It is the thread that connects all of us in the intrinsic reality. When we are aligned with this Current, our lives move in a direction that focuses us in our destiny, which in turn brings us immense happiness, radiance, and grace. When we don’t know how to use our bodies and minds to align with the Sound Current, then our words and voices have no power and cannot penetrate, and the Sound Current will not work for us. In this module we will learn the tricks and tools that help us align with and access that Sound Current so that we can command it upon will and be in a constant flow with it. We will use chanting and technique to dive deeply into that Mystical Sound Force and learn how to use it and navigate it, so that we reside in a deep space where we feel the awesomeness of our Truth and live with a beautiful radiance, grace, and confidence.
- Thur. May 24th — Transformation through Sound: Jeffrey will lead us on a sonic journey diving deep into our own psyche, helping us detach from limiting thought patterns, and stagnant energy, releasing emotional traumas so we may come out with a clear idea of our highest path. This will be a transformational day to give the participants a good idea of what a real healing session is and let the healers be healed.
- Tue. May 29th — Sacred Geometry; Harmonics of Space & Sound: Richard Feather Anderson will lead us on a journey to explore the mysteries of the natural unfolding of the divine blueprint in all aspects of Life, which are elegantly depicted in what we call sacred geometry. He will specifically guide us to understand the common ground between the fundamental principles that create harmonious relationships or intervals in both sound harmonics and the spatial relationships within matter and architecture. He will show how architecture can be frozen music, and how harmony is the basis for beauty. –Pattern recognition exercises — to accurately and quickly identify symmetry patterns and spatial intervals. Know what you’re looking at. –Symbolism of squares, triangles, and pentagons.
- Thur. May 31st — Sacred Geometry; Harmonics of Space & Sound: Richard Feather Anderson Musical Harmonics
• What is the nature and physics of resonance
• Understanding musical harmonics by seeing geometrical ratios
• Subdivision of spaces by whole numbers or “musical harmonics”
–Exercises to develop an intuitive sense of how geometrical sacred art, mandalas, and cymatics images of vibrating liquids effect human consciousness.
Audio Engineering Classes
- Tue. June 5th — Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) Navigation, Sample Rate/Bit Depth: Michael will lead us on journey into the world of technology, and Ajeet will remind us of the magic with in it. One of the most important things to learn about recording digital music is learning navigation and the available tools of a digital audio workstation (DAW). Sample rate and bit depth are fundamental parameters in digital recording we encounter when we set up a recording session.
- Thur. June 7th — Harmonic Series, Frequency Analyzers, Tuners, Frequency Recognition, Sympathetic Vibration, Equalization/Filters, Frequency Masking, - Here we explore the harmonic overtone series and by then looking at our own voices, and various other instruments through a Frequency Spectrum Analyzer we can view the sounds and begin to understand and discuss the patterns in dynamic range and frequency response profiles. We will also discuss and apply sound production mixing techniques that use Tuners, AutoTune, Parametric Equalizers, and Filters to address frequency masking and for clearing up mixes.
- Tue. June 12th — Sound Envelops, Dynamic Range, Compression, Resonance, Sound Staging — Panning, Reverb, Delay, Multi-Efx. Further explorations into applied sound production paying closer attention to dynamics and the role of compressors and limiters in sound staging as well as playing with reverbs, delays, auto-panning and imagers in crafting strategic & healing soundscapes or “sonic architecture.”
- Thur. June 14th — Sound Healing Production Lab — Project TBD
- Sat. June 16th — Last class: The topics in this class will be depending on the flow of the previous classes, and the interest of the participants. It can be a day of full transformational energy movement/ meditations, vocal toning, applied sound healing sessions on each other, activation, integration, ceremony, and sweat lodge. Or if the interest is leaning toward diving deeper into the world of audio production than we will dive deeper down that rabbit hole. Either way we will take input from the participants, answer any final questions, and assist your understanding regarding the world of Sonic Alchemy.
- Ajeet Campbell and Michael Logue have been teaching & leading Sonic Alchemy workshop series for about a year now. Each of them bring their own specialties to the table, complimenting the others. Both Ajeet and Michael are musicians and have have backgrounds in audio engineering, and healing arts; with Ajeet specializing in the right brain healing modalities, consciousness, and esoteric qualities of sound healing, while Michael specializes in the audio production, engineering, musical direction, influenced by Medical Qigong moving towards the energetic and kinesthetic side of sound therapy & sound healing, along with the application of binaural beats. On their own each of them could present this class, but together create a synergistic affect that has enormous positive impact. And now with additional instructors, this class is sure to give a wide array of understanding of what is possible with the application of sound.
- Ajeet Campbell is a healer, musician, teacher, audio engineer/producer, visionary in the field of Sound healing, and consciousness. Alchemically weaving these fields, he is able to make a clear connection to ones higher self, directly relating to the current shift of age. Based on a wide array of experience in the fields of vibrational & conscious healing ranging from: Vocal Healing, Crystal Healing, Syntropy Insight Body Work, Craniosacral Therapy, Sat Nam Rasayan, and Aromatherapy; Ajeet has developed a potent and effective healing experience that has been built upon the foundation from some of the most sacred and powerful healing techniques in the world. Through his many years as an instructor of Kundalini Yoga, leading both classes and workshops, Ajeet developed an extremely strong connection to the body’s energetic field. The studies and experiences of several spiritual paths, especially the knowledge and application of Sacred Geometry have been key elements to his understanding of our connection to Source. Ajeet is passionate about helping others to understand what is going on in this world we live in. One of the most profound ways this is accomplished is by harnessing the power of vibrations through specifically tuned music.
- Michael Logue ~ B.A. in Psychology and Music, Owner of SunSound Studios, Producer, Audio Engineer, Teacher, Musician, Healer. A passionate musician for over 30 years, Michael has sound engineered the realms of sound healing and Binaural backdrops for Patt Lind-Kyle “Heal Your Mind, Rewire Your Brain”, Dr. Emmett Miller’s “Sleep CD”, and Ajeet Campbell’s “Elemental Balance” CD among many others. Together, Michael and Ajeet are now in the process of mastering a new set of tracks based on the Spectrum of Light translated into sound and integrated into sound table attunement sessions.
- Jeffrey Williams is a life long explorer of transformation and the founder of Lifestyles of Light. He has studied with the worlds leaders in ancient and modern transformative movement, breathwork, sound healing, nutrition, hands on healing and new science. He currently trains students in transformation as artistry and works with the community of Nevada City through Alphabiotics, sound healing and breathwork. He is the lineage holder of EDGU: evolutionary spinal maintenance and the founder of INU: rapid transformation movement, breath, and sound practice. He holds a BA in anthropology, doctorate in Alphabiotics, certifications in soul voice, rebirthing breathwork, reichian breathwork, acupressure, massage, kundalini yoga, EDGU, and chi Kung
- Richard Feather Anderson, B.S. Architecture, is an internationally recognized pioneer in the revival of geomancy, sacred geometry, and labyrinths with over thirty-four years of experience. He has been designated a Feng Shui Master by the Feng Shui Institute International. He employed sacred geometry to design the trend-setting Chartres labyrinths for San Francisco’s Grace Cathedral. He has created and consulted on building designs, incorporating geomancy, feng shui, dowsing and geometry to create richly symbolic forms in harmony with their surroundings. Richard began studying Nature’s patterns and geometry in childhood, and has continued since 1987 with Dr. Keith Critchlow, Professor Emeritus of the Prince of Wales Institute of Architecture, who is acknowledged as one of the greatest living authorities on the mystical teachings of Plato, Pythagoras and Islamic sacred art. Richard has taught at the Globe Sound Healing Center in San Francisco, the EcoDwelling program at New College of California, and led sacred geometry tours at Chartres Cathedral in France. When teaching, Richard inspires others with his own passion, humor and enthusiasm.
- Simrit Kaur: Simrit Kaur is yogi, singer, and musician who lives for the Mystical Sound Current. Singing is her passion, and it is her destiny in life to share the sacred Sound Current through the use of her voice. Simrit lives in Nevada City, Ca with her family, and she works daily with her voice and her music in order to help create an awesome life for herself and others. Simrit has been singing since she was born, and she has trained in both classical Indian vocals and western vocals. She is a recording artist who also tours around the globe performing with her band. www.simritkaurmusic.com.
Rates — (Registration Form Below)
- Pre-Register paid up to 1 week before class begins (good until April 28th) = $512
- Open House at SunSound — Special Open House Only Pre-Register price = $500
- Payment after April 28th = $555
if paying after April 28th you must reserve your space with a $108 deposit.
- Payment Plan : (Payment 1 due May 5th & Payment 2 due May 24th) 2 payments of $299 = $598
- Drop-In Rates = $45 per class